Friday, April 17, 2015

4/17/15

 1. My stop motion animation was about a yogi practicing sun salutation and tree pose. Sun salutation takes the yogi to mountain pose, queen chair, and warrior 1. I chose these poses because sun salutation is the beginning of every practice. It is the beginning of centering and breathing. I chose tree pose because it is one of my favorites; the pose it about rooting down and rising up. This pose is about grounding yourself so you can impact others, reaching out and reaching up. Originally, I planned on shooting my friend dancing. Our schedules never aligned, so I had to use the model I had: my mom. I don't believe this video was any easier than my other plan; however, it was convenient to shoot my mom because she was home. She and I both share this passion for yoga, so I did have fun.
2. I would rate my project 9. I loved the filter I used on the images and the music I used. I felt the music set the mood of the stop motion. Looking at the other stop motions, I didn't see them use filters. I also faded out the music. Because I don't have very good technology skills, I was extremely impressed by how it turned out.
3. Even though I did complete my project on time, I could have used my time in class more effectively. If I chose something else to film, I would have made the class time given more productive. I put the video together on the last day, which wasn't difficult at all.
4. My animation is unique because it is about yoga. I had a live model. I also used time outside of class to make sure the subject matter was interesting.
5. I believe I deserve a 96% on this project. I turned it in on time, my camera is stationary, I shot it outside so the lighting would be good, it is focused on one individual, the filters are consistent, it tells a story of a yoga practice, I had good music, and my animation had a title and credits. I chose not to give myself 100% because I did not use my class time effectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment